Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
We are a department that can help you with many things.
Our services are confidential and we aim to make a difference to your experience of our services.
- listen to your concerns
- speak to other staff members on your behalf
- point you in the right direction, for advice or help
- put you in touch with people and services that can help you
- take feedback about your treatment
- pass on your compliments or thanks to our teams
Visit our Healthwatch web page.
To contact PALS at Ipswich Hospital:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “Ipswich Hospital” in the subject line of the email
- Call us using our Freephone number 0800 328 7624
- Call us on 01473 704 781
If your call is urgent and you need assistance outside of our office hours, please dial 01473 712 233 and ask to speak to the Site Matron.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (S617)
To contact PALS at Colchester Hospital:
- Email email@example.com. Please state “Colchester Hospital” in the subject line of the email
- Call us using our Freephone number 0800 783 7328
- Call us on 01206 742 683 / 01206 746 448
If your call is urgent and you require assistance outside of our office hours, please dial 01206 747 474 and ask to speak to the Site Matron.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service
We can also deal with complaints
We will try to help you resolve any problems or concerns, but if we can’t, we will help you make a formal complaint. There is a separate complaints department, you can contact them using the link on the left.
If you do wish to make a complaint, you can start off by speaking to a member of staff in the department where you are being seen or contact us directly and we will help you.
Here is a complaints form that you can print at home and send in to us. Otherwise contact us and we will post you a paper form.
Get involved – Make a difference!
Do you have a passion for improving healthcare? Would you like to support your local hospital as a Patient and Carer Experience Ambassador?
Support our Patient Experience Team by engaging in specific roles within the Trust such as participating in project working, engagement events and meetings, be a member of a patient and carer user group, surveys, admin support and engaging with patients to hear their experiences, to name but a few.Back to top