Volunteer with us
If you are interested in becoming a chaplaincy volunteer, we invite you to have an informal chat with a member of the Chaplaincy team to discuss various roles, training, commitment, and support.
There are a number of ways in which you can provide voluntary support to the work of the Chaplaincy. Some examples include:
- assisting with administration in the department of Spiritual Care and Chaplaincy
- becoming a visitor (following suitable referencing, training and selection)
- supporting the chaplains in sustaining the sacramental needs of patients at weekends and at other times on request
- preparing the Chapel for special events throughout the year
- arranging flowers in the Chapel.
- All volunteers are subject to an interview with Voluntary Services after which two references will be taken and a DBS check applied for prior to placement within the Chaplaincy team.
To find out more about the process of applying to be a volunteer at our hospitals, please visit the ESNEFT volunteering page.
To find out more about volunteering with Chaplaincy please e-mail the chaplaincy team.Back to top