Colchester Hospital has disabled toilets throughout the public areas of the hospital and one Changing Places toilet with an adult-sized changing table, hoist and shower.
- Ground floor front entrance.
- Ground floor, outside X-ray Alpha.
Elmstead Day Surgery Unit
- In reception.
- Ground floor, near physiotherapy and the stroke unit.
- Ground floor, clinic reception.
- First floor, near Peldon and Tiptree wards.
- Second floor, outside D’Arcy ward.
- Ground floor.
- Ground floor, at the entrance to children’s outpatients.
The Changing Places toilet at Colchester Hospital is on Gainsborough wing, situated in the main corridor on the ground floor. The facilities here are:
- bench – height adjustable, adult-sized, wall mounted
- hoist – ceiling, loop
- peninsular toilet
- washbasin – height adjustable
- non-slip floor
- floor space – 10 square metres
- emergency alarm
- privacy screen
- paper roll
- managed accessible shower.
- Please see the Changing Places website for more information about toilets in the Changing Places scheme.