We work hard to ensure our hospitals are as clean as possible and added extra measures in 2020 to ensure your safety.
All our public areas including wards, clinics and reception areas are cleaned throughout the day and we carry out weekly inspections of all areas to ensure high standards are maintained. Our cleaners are trained in infection control procedures and our infection control team monitor the wards to check their cleanliness.
However, if you consider that any of our hospitals are not as clean as they could be or you are concerned about cleanliness please contact us. Speak to the ward manager while you are in our care so we can sort out any issues immediately. Or you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS):
- Colchester: Freephone: 0800 783 7328; Tel: 01206 742 683 / 01206 746 448
- Ipswich: Freephone: 0800 328 7624; Tel: 01473 704 781
Ipswich and Colchester hospitals are tobacco-free sites
- We have designated vaping areas on site
- We ask visitors to treat our staff and each other with respect if they ask them to stop smoking on site
- NHS information and advice to help you stop smoking.
Back to top