If you were asked to give consent for your information to be shared and you no longer wish for this to happen, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
You can also request the following:
- To have information you believe to be incorrect, corrected (Right to Rectification)
- To have your information erased (Right to Erasure)
- The processing of your information restricted (Right to Restrict Processing)
If this is something you wish to do then please contact:
Head of Information Governance
Email Sarah Preston
Tel 01473 702 878
What information do we collect from you?
We collect and store personal identifiable information about you in order to provide you with the necessary investigations, care and treatment that you need.
This information includes but is not restricted to:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Contact details (phone number/email)
- NHS Number
- Details of current medical information
- Details of care and treatment previously provided by us
- Information received from other health care providers
- Information sent to other health care providers
Where do we get our information from?
The hospital first receives information about you from the professional who refers you for further investigation or treatment.
This may be:
- Your GP
- Another hospital
- Social care providers
- Community Health Services or
- Private care practitioners
- Other care providers
When you attend the hospital we then record information you give us directly.
How do we protect your information?
All staff employed by ESNEFT are required to undertake mandatory annual training about their role and responsibilities when collecting and handling personal data.
We keep your information safe and secure and comply with industry standards such as Cyber Security Essentials and IG Toolkit. We only share your data in a way that identifies you when absolutely necessary and never sell it onto third parties.
National Data Opt Out
Health and care organisations have until 2020 to put systems and processes in place so they can apply your national data opt-out choice. Our organisation is not currently able to apply your national data opt-out choice to any confidential patient information we may use or share with other organisations for purposes beyond your individual care.Back to top