Colchester Hospital children’s diabetes service
Our children’s diabetes service is a multi-professional team. We support children and young people with diabetes up to age 19.
Contact the Colchester Children’s Diabetes team
The service operates Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Call us on 01206 742 758.
Out of hours, there is and advice service for patients already under our care:
- Monday to Friday from 5 pm to 8 am
- 24 hours a day during weekends and bank holidays.
Call the out of hours service on 07759 118 299.
- Provide evidence-based care for children with diabetes
- Prevent long term complications
- Reduce and prevent hospital admissions
- Education, training and support at diagnosis for the child, young person and their family as well as ongoing support (NICE and Best practice guidelines)
- Support in school settings with education, training and personalised care plans
- Insulin pump service
- Designated age appropriate clinics for patients, including an adolescent clinic
- 24 hour access to specialist advice
Our other activities
- Engage in the East of England children’s diabetes network
- Contribute in the national paediatric diabetes audit (NPDA)
- Participate in the national diabetes Peer review process
- Participate in diabetes research
- Offer the opportunity for our patients to attend fun and educational events
Back to top