An automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system is now in place at Ipswich Hospital, meaning you now only pay for the time you are here.
You can use your bank card or mobile phone, as well as cash, to pay for your stay.
We have also introduced a 30 minute-free period meaning you will not be charged for dropping off or picking someone up from our site.
From Monday (24 May) staff car park J will become a visitor car park, and visitor car park C will become a staff car park.
- Note for Blue Badge holders: The general office opening hours have been extended so we can continue to support Blue Badge holders with their registration for the new Automatic Number plate Recognition (ANPR) System. The office can be found at the south end of the hospital opposite Boxford and Bramford wards.
General office opening times: Monday to Friday (8am to 5pm); Saturday (9am to 2pm).
- Visiting restrictions remain in place at the hospital to keep everyone safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Anyone with questions about parking at Ipswich Hospital can email email@example.com
Please use the drop down boxes below for more information about parking at this site.
You do this when you are ready to leave.
When you are ready to leave the hospital, go to the machines in the car parks and enter all of your number plate. Press the search button and 3 options will appear:
- Option 1 “Yes, that’s my vehicle and the correct entry time” – press and pay for parking
- Option 2 “This is my vehicle but the entry time is wrong” – press and it takes you to the honesty screen
- Option 3 “No, the picture is not my vehicle” – press and it takes you to the honesty screen
If the vehicle is not found it takes you to the honesty screen.
There are a number of parking machines located on site at Ipswich Hospital.
- 2 machines to the right-hand side of the Garrett Anderson Building as you look at it (behind the bus stops).
- 2 machines in car park F (Main car park) along main walkway.
- 1 machine in car park G (Maternity car park). On your left just before you enter the building.
- 1 machine in car park K, situated at the side of Hunnitots nursery.
- 1 machine at entrance 15. Through the double doors, on the left-hand side.
- 1 machine situated at either end of car park B.
- 1 machine in car park D, on the main walkway, near the trees.
Parking – pay by phone
You do this when you arrive.
- Visit the website, open the app or phone PayByPhone
- Enter the location code (805722)
- Enter the time you expect to be parking for and pay
You can extend your parking time at any point during your stay in the app or by phone.
If you use PayByPhone you do not need to go to the machines in the car park.
- Up to 30 minutes – free (you do not have to use the machines)
- Up to 2 hours – £2
- Up to 3 hours – £3
- Up to 4 hours – £4
- Up to 24 hours – £7
Long stay tickets are available from the machines
- 3 days – £4
- 7 days – £7
Blue badge holders only have to register their badge and vehicle with the hospital team, the first time they use ANPR, to make sure they are not charged for parking.
You can do this by going to the general office, in the hospital, which is on the ground floor of the hospital’s south wards corridor, opposite Bramford and Boxford wards and the Paediatric Assessment Unit.
Please note that the blue badge holder must be present at the time of registering. This is so we can confirm their photo identification.
To register your blue badge, you will need to come to visit General Office, South Reception or Outpatients Reception on your first visit to the hospital. On the day you register please leave the clock part of your blue badge in your vehicle and bring the photo ID part along with your registration number/s to one of the areas above and we will register the blue badge for you.
- Patients attending either the Renal Unit and MacMillan Centre can also register their disabled badges within the department. This service is only available to those attending these areas.
You can register up to four vehicles to a blue badge and once you have registered your vehicle(s) you can park in our blue badge parking spaces free of charge and simply drive in and out of the car parks when you visit the hospital.
Please make sure that when you park in a blue badge parking space that you clearly display your blue badge, failure to do so could lead to a penalty charge notice being issued.
Blue badge holders are not permitted to park on yellow lines, hatched areas, or on the pavements or grassed areas on our sites.
The only time you need to visit the office again is if:
- your blue badge expires and you receive a new one
- you change your vehicle
- you come to hospital in a different vehicle.
- If you have any issues registering a blue badge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Car parking is free for disabled drivers who have a Blue Badge. There are disabled parking spaces in each car park. Blue Badge holders may also park in non-disabled spaces.
We have dedicated car park spaces reserved for patients attending our cancer department for treatment. They are in car park K near to Entrance 15. The spaces are outlined in yellow.
You may receive a penalty charge if you leave the site without paying for your parking.
The money that we make from car parking charges is reinvested in maintenance and improvements for the car parks and the provision of a security service.
If you are a patient on any of the following benefits you can claim back parking charges and get a mileage allowance:
- Income Support.
- Income-related Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Pension Credit.
- Tax Credit Exemption Card.
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance.
- HC2/HC3 Form.
Visitors on benefits cannot claim.
To claim, please visit the general office (Entrance 2).