The NHS celebrates its 75th anniversary on 5 July this year.
It’s a time to celebrate our past, but more importantly, a time to think about the future. We want to take this opportunity to thank all NHS staff and volunteers, past and present, who have made the organisation what it is.
We are celebrating this milestone year by showcasing the best of the NHS and encouraging as many people as possible to join in with NHS75 activities.
We’ve already seen an incredible start to this NHS75 year
- fundraisers came out in force for our Hospital Hero Hike – a 21-mile trek between Colchester and Ipswich Hospitals which raised more than £40,000 for our Colchester & Ipswich Hospitals Charity
- we are taking part in the NHS Assembly’s NHS@75 Conversation
- we opened our new multi-million Breast Care Centre at Ipswich Hospital
Join the NHS1000 miles challenge – it’s not too late to sign up to walk, run, swim or cycle 1,000 miles in 2023, why not make it a fundraising challenge to support our Colchester & Ipswich Hospitals Charity?
Still to come…
- we will celebrate NHS75 at the Suffolk Show and Tendring Show – please come along and meet our team at our Come and See the Future stand – featuring innovation and research highlights
- highlighting the incredible contributions of our NHS volunteers during Volunteers Week 2023
- it’s the Together Coalition’s national Thank You Day on 2 July. Visit our ESNEFT social media channels on the day to take part
- join the NHS Big Tea and raise money for our Colchester & Ipswich Hospitals Charity
- keep an eye out for our NHS75 celebratory flags flying at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals, and we will be joining landmarks across the UK in lighting up our buildings blue on 5 July
- we will be launching our new digital innovation and transformation programme – iCare, better connecting our digital systems to give a better patient experience
Back to top