Eye Clinic Liaison Officer at Colchester Hospital
Christine Pratt is the Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO) at both Colchester Hospital and Clacton Hospital.
She can provide information, support and advice to those with a visual impairment, their families and carers.
This may be:
- Initial emotional support and listening services to individuals, their relatives and carers to assist in dealing with the distress of a diagnosis of sight loss
- Supply information about eye conditions and promote the importance of eye health
- Provide information about registration as sight impaired (partially sighted) or severely sight impaired (blind)
- Supply information about local and national services for visually impaired people
- Provide information about specialist equipment
- Discuss the idea of rehabilitation to enable confident, safe and independent living
- Liaise with statutory and voluntary services and provide a bridging service between health, community and social care
- Act as a point of contact for individuals and their families
Christine is employed by Essex Sight who provide advice and support for visually impaired people, their families and carers across Essex. Christine can be contacted on 01206 548 196 or 07597 039 233 or email Christine Pratt Eye Clinic Liaison Officer.
Back to top