Our Dementia specialists help and support people living with dementia, and their family/carer, whilst they are a patient at one of our acute hospitals.
Our specialists work Monday to Friday from 8am-4pm and there is one based at Colchester Hospital and one at Ipswich Hospital.
Our Dementia specialists:
- work with people living with dementia, along with their family, carers and hospital staff, to make their hospital stay as comfortable as possible.
- provide education, support and guidance to staff and families/carers to plan and deliver the patient’s care.
- signpost into local support services.
This Is Me is a personal profile developed by the Alzheimer’s Society that gives useful information about a person with dementia.
It helps staff to see the person first and not the disease and it can support person-centred care planning.
It can be used for anyone who is living with dementia, delirium or other communication difficulties.
If you can, please complete one yourself, or on behalf of someone you care for and pass this to the hospital team.
- Colchester Dementia Helpline – 01206 228975
- Colchester Memory Assessment Service – 01206 228970
- Carers First – 0300 3031555
- Essex Social Care – 0345 603 7630
- Age Concern Colchester – 01206 368 420
- Dementia Intensive Support Team – 01473 891733
- Community Memory Assessment Service – 01473 296194
- Dementia Together – 08081 688000
- Suffolk Social Care / Customer First – 0800 917 1109
- Suffolk Family Carers – 01473 835477
East Suffolk and North Essex (NHS) Foundation Trust – support services
- Colchester 01206 747474
- Ipswich 01473 712233
- Alzheimer’s Society 0333 150 3456
- Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Connect Service – This is a support service for people with dementia, their families and carers that you can self-refer to.
- Dementia UK – 0800 888 6677
- Healthwatch 03000 683000
- Age UK 08000 556112
- iCARE APP – This information resource is created by those with dementia / their families and professionals offering information on types of dementia, medication, behaviour and more