Dementia Nurse Specialists
Our nurse specialists help patients with dementia, staying at Colchester and Ipswich hospital.
They provide education, support and guidance to the patient’s family and carers.
They also help and support fellow ESNEFT staff and work Monday to Friday between 8am and 4pm.
One of our specialists works at Colchester Hospital and the other works at Ipswich.
Contact our Dementia Nurse Specialists
- Vanessa McLean (Colchester Hospital) 01206 742099
- Ipswich Hospital 01473 702512
What can they do to help?
- Work with the person with dementia, the family, carers and hospital staff to make your hospital stay as good as it can be.
- Provide education, support and guidance to staff and families/carers to plan and deliver the care you need.
- Signpost into local support services.
‘This is me’
‘This is me’ helps people living with dementia, who are receiving care from our teams.
It also helps people that experience delirium or having trouble communicating.
It would help our team if you could fill in one of the leaflets for yourself, or on behalf of someone you care for.
Click HERE to access ‘This is me’
Back to top