Ipswich Hospital children’s play team
We are usually based in the play room on Bergholt Ward, at Ipswich Hospital, between 9am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
We hold daily clinics, general and therapeutic play, and see children and young people as outpatient referrals.
We offer on-call support to other areas of the hospital where young patients may be attending, including:
- Paediatric Investigation Unit
- Children’s Outpatient department and Blood Clinic
- Paediatric Assessment Unit
- Emergency Department and Minor Injuries Unit
- Raedwald Children’s Day Surgery Unit
- ENT Department
- Ophthalmology outpatients
- Diagnostic Imaging departments, including MRI,CT and Ultrasound
- Neurophysiology clinics.
We are registered with HPSET (Health Play Specialist Education Trust).
We are managed by Dr Léonie McDonald, Lead Paediatric Clinical Psychologist, and the team can be reached via:
- Landline – 01473 702 186
- Mobile – 07525 922 138
- Twitter – @IpsHospPlay
- Jess Grant Celebration – Who fund our Music Therapy sessions
- Suffolk Art Link – who provide our Clown Doctors
- Fairy Bricks
- Clowns in the Sky
- Teddies for Loving Care
- Get Well Gamers
- Children’s Hospital Pyjamas
- Project Linus (Suffolk)
We are currently unable to accept physical donations from the public and our supporters due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Please contact the play team for up-to-date guidance.