Changes to our visitor policy to protect all of the people we care for as the situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) develops.
From tomorrow (Tuesday 17 March) we are introducing the following visiting restrictions at Colchester and Ipswich hospitals, and our community hospitals:
- One visitor per adult patient at a time
- A partner and birthing partner per woman in labour
- Two parents or responsible carers per child patient
- Neonatal visiting is parents of babies only
- No children (under 12 years) on site without prior agreement of the nurse / midwife in charge on the ward
- If you have a new continuous cough or fever (temperature higher than 37.8 degrees) please do not enter the buildings
Discretion will be applied on compassionate grounds by the nurse / midwife in charge.
General advice for everyone
If you have a continuous cough or high temperature (37.8 degrees centigrade or higher) you should, as stated in NHS and Public Health England guidance, self-isolate at home for seven days.
Everyone is reminded to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
Back to top