This evening, the nation will clap for all the carers, key workers and our NHS, and we will clap for all the stay at home heroes who are protecting the NHS.
I have always felt very proud to work for the NHS. The generosity shown to us at ESNEFT by our local community is fantastic. These exceptional times are being matched by extraordinary kindness.
The safety of our staff and patients is our greatest priority. I do appreciate the anxiety and concern which people may have about personal protective equipment, also known as PPE. There is a great deal of coverage about this in our communities at the moment, and I thought it would be helpful to reassure you about PPE at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals, and also in our community services.
- We are following all national Public Health England (PHE) guidance on how and when to wear PPE
- We do have PPE in our hospitals and in the community, and where there are shortages, these are national shortages and they are being addressed
- We are recruiting new PPE Champions now to support all our staff with PPE
- We are not working alone but with all NHS and care providers across Suffolk and Essex to keep all our patients and staff safe. This helps us to manage the flow of PPE so it gets to the right place, at the right time, where it is most needed
- We are encouraging our staff to raise concerns where they find them through their manager or our Freedom to Speak Up Guardian
We are listening, we are acting and we will continue to work with all of our staff, volunteers, partners and community advocates.
Thank you for all of your support and understanding in these difficult times.
Please….Stay at Home. Protect the NHS. Save lives
Back to top