If you need a CT scan
- Having a CT scan gives us an accurate 3D picture of your body and your cancer.
- We will ask you to lie still on our table, it may feel hard but we will make you as comfortable as possible.
- We may to need to inject a dye into your arm to highlight parts of your body.
- After the scan we may want to make marks on your skin, like a tattoo, to make sure that we are always in exactly the same position when we do the radiotherapy. These will look like little freckles.
- We can see you and speak to you all of the time.
- Not everyone needs a CT scan before treatment.
- Even if you have recently had a CT scan we may still need to do another.
Accessibility information for Ipswich Hospital from AccessAble Back to top