How to make a complaint


If you wish to make a complaint, you can start off by speaking to a member of staff in the department where you are being seen or contact Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).

You can email PALS on

If you feel that your concern cannot be dealt with by department staff or via PALS you  may want us to look into your concerns formally.

To make a formal complaint you can do so by contacting our teams based at Ipswich & Colchester Hospitals:

Ipswich Hospital
You can write to:
Hospital Complaints Service (S617)
Ipswich Hospital
Heath Road
Suffolk IP4 5PD

Direct line: 01473 703 797
Internal extension: 5797

Colchester Hospital

Complaints department
Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust
Colchester General Hospital
Turner Road

Tel:01206 742 881

Alternatively you can email

You can view our ESNEFT Complaints and Concerns Handling Policy here.

Back to top