We’re still offering COVID-19 vaccines to our staff and our most vulnerable patients.
Please note we are not offering COVID-19 spring booster jabs at Colchester and Ipswich hospitals just yet, so please do not drop in to have yours.
Don’t forget we can support you to have your COVID-19 vaccine (first, second and booster doses) if:
- You have a weakened immune system due to a health condition / treatment
- You live with a severe mental illness
- You have a learning disability
- You are pregnant, planning to have a baby or you’re breast feeding
The SNEE NHS COVID-19 vaccination website has information about vaccination services for people in East Suffolk and North East Essex.
We were one of the first hospitals to begin vaccinating patients against COVID-19 at the start of the biggest immunisation programme in history.
From 9 December 2020, patients over the age of 80, care home workers and some ESNEFT staff received their first vaccination at Colchester Hospital.
Those that received their first dose started to return for their second vaccination at the end of December 2020 and the vaccination programme then launched at Ipswich Hospital on 4 January 2021.
- If you’re coming for a vaccine appointment at Ipswich or Colchester hospital, car parking will be free.
Here are some information leaflets about the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
Back to top