Our first ever Team ESNEFT staff awards, which took place in September 2019. Thank you so much to the hundreds of people who took time to nominate our teams.
We asked for nominations from staff, patients and the public in the following categories (more details below):
- Team of the Year
- Colleague of the Year
- Supporter of the Year
- Leader of the Year
- Trainee of the Year
- Time Matters Award
- Working Together Award
Team of the Year
This award recognises an outstanding team which really makes a difference to our patients – do you know or work with them?
- Do all members function as a truly cohesive team?
- Do they have complementary skills and abilities?
- Are they open, communicative and helpful?
- Do they consistently supply an excellent service to patients/carers/staff?
Leader of the Year
You do not have to be a manager to be a leader. This individual award is for someone who is a natural leader who inspires others and is a passionate advocate of great care for patients.
- Do they empower others to do a great job and put patients first?
- Do they motivate those around them, even at challenging times?
- Are they an inspiring role model?
- Are they optimistic, appreciative and kind to all?
Colleague of the Year
The NHS Constitution sets out six values for all staff to ensure the best possible care is given patients. Nominate an individual who embodies the values:
- Working together for patients
- Respect and dignity
- Commitment to quality of care
- Improving lives
- Everyone counts.
Supporter of the Year
NHS life is made so much better for patients and staff by our volunteers, fundraisers, helpers and other supporters. This award seeks to recognise an individual who makes an exceptional contribution, or has shown unrivalled dedicated commitment.
- How is the Trust a better place because of them?
- Do they work in effective partnership with hospital colleagues?
- How is their support exceptional?
Trainee of the Year
This award will recognise an exceptional trainee. Nominations are welcome for any individual trainee in any role, clinical or non clinical.
- Is this person a star of the future with a bright NHS career ahead of them, why?
- Are they always looking to learn and improve?
- Do they demonstrate willingness to be a team player?
- Does their belief in excellent patient care shine through?
Time Matters Award
Dealing with health issues can be stressful, both for the individual affected and for those caring for them. Too often, the complexity of the health and care system adds unnecessary stress. At the heart of this is time. Time is important to everyone whether as patients, as family or carers, or as staff delivering care.
Our philosophy is that time matters. We aim to improve services to make every moment count.
This is an award for an individual or team who recognises that time matters for our patients, their loved ones and staff. Tell us about colleagues who have saved time, made time better or reduced unnecessary stress for others.
Working Together Award
Health and social care systems are integrating and we want staff to work collaboratively and share good practice. This award is for an individual or team who has worked across the boundaries.
- Have they worked collaboratively with colleagues at other sites?
- Have they embraced opportunities created by the Colchester and Ipswich hospitals merger to improve services?
- Have they flown the ESNEFT flag as part of a regional or national network?
- Have they openly shared good practice developed here with others?
- Are they proactive and a driving force for working across the health and social care system?