About this service

Managing pain in the community

Together with your GP, you can decide whether a referral to our service would be helpful. Not everyone who has chronic (long-term) pain will need a referral to our service to see a pain specialist. Your GP can advise you on pain medication, and can help you to find out about and access other community-based services which can help you with managing your pain and advise on self-help techniques for pain.

If you and your GP decide that you can manage your pain adequately yourself without the need for a referral to us, you might still find some of the information on our website helpful.

There are also other resources which are helpful in providing advice and support about managing a pain condition.

There are also some condition-specific websites which you might find of interest. UK Fibromyalgia has a range of useful information and support for people who have fibromyalgia. Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK offer advice, support and information to those living with arthritis.

Back to top
Translate »