Diagnosis and preparing for your appointment
The following videos provide information about diagnosis and the role of the multi-disciplinary team.
Preparing for your telephone appointment
Preparing for a telephone consultation
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) virus, most clinic appointments will now be carried out over
the telephone (unless you need a physical examination)
Helpful hints and tips to get the best out of your appointment:
- write down any questions you want to ask during your appointment
- it can be helpful to have a family member or friend to listen in, consider using
- get them to make notes on answers to your questions
- ensure that you understand what you have been told, seek clarification, don’t
be afraid to ask questions.
- you can record a consultation on your phone but it is polite to ask.
- ensure you ask to receive a copy of the clinic letter
Whether you have tests or investigations at Colchester or Ipswich hospitals, the following information is important: