The Youth Forum is a space for young people aged 13–19 who use hospital services to have their voice heard, and be involved in positive change within the hospital.
We meet virtually on Teams every three months.
Rachel Fletcher, Youth Worker
Rachel is the staff representative that will work in
partnership with the group, and also co-chair the
- Meet other young people who would like to improve hospital services.
- Gain a greater understanding of how the NHS works
- Meet professionals working in a variety of roles within the NHS.
- Gain new skills and opportunities you can add to your CV.
- Share the voice of young people who use hospital services and discuss
your thoughts, views and ideas to support change and improvement.
- Have opportunities to attend events outside of the Youth Forum.
- Have opportunities to represent the hospital youth forum by attending
What do we do?
- Work on projects to improve services.
- Contribute to staff training.
- Have opportunities to be part of national events.
Have the opportunity to support various departments and areas within
What we ask of you
- Attend three of the four Youth Forum meetings throughout the year.
- Let us know if you are unable to attend a meeting or event.
- Be prepared to share views, ideas and experiences on a variety of
- On occasion be available outside of scheduled meetings to attend
one-off events or be part of short term projects.
- Show respect and listen to other members of the forum, including staff
- Actively engage with guest speakers and relevant discussion.
- How to apply – Please contact Rachel Fletcher, youth worker on 07827 255 922 or
email@example.com who will contact you within four working days.