Who are we?
The ESNEFT Hospital Cancer Services User Group (CSUG), are a group of cancer patients, carers and health professionals based in Suffolk. We meet once a month in Ipswich Hospital.
All our members have direct experience of living with cancer and its treatment. We are committed to the improvement of cancer services within the Trust.
What do we do?
- consult with and listen to people whose lives have been affected by cancer.
- support the Trust on behalf of patients, carers and family members by keeping up to date with Trust and cancer care developments.
- ensure that the patients’ voice is presented to the Trust
- represent patients and carers at the following Trust meetings:
- Cancer Services Development Group.
- Suffolk Cancer Locality Group.
- Patient Information Steering Group.
- Cancer Information Centre Steering Group.
- Survivorship Steering Group.
- Caring for Carers Group.
Annual open forum
Each year the Cancer Services User Group Hold an Annual Open Forum in the Woolverstone Cancer Centre. This is held in partnership between the CSUG and the professional staff at the centre. Patients and carers are invited to the forum. The forum starts with three presentations designed to help both patients and carers.
Following these presentations we form into six discussion groups, which give patients and carers an opportunity to share their experiences both good and bad. It also gives the centre staff feedback so they can adjust services where possible to improve the patient experience.
Patient experience questionnaires
In collaboration with professional staff we design and carry out questionnaires where patients answer a range of questions covering all stages from diagnosis to treatment over four-week period. These are analysed by the hospital, and when approved by the Trust board form a report which is used by the hospital to home services where possible to improve the patient experience.
We welcome patient feedback and also enquiries to join the group. If you would like to join the group, or have something you feel they should discuss, please contact:
Telephone: 01473 702 101
Write to: Patient Experience Coordinator, Patient Experience Office (C366), Ipswich Hospital, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD.